Here at Juniper Dentistry, we take the health of each of our patients very seriously. With this, we wanted to update you about the protocols we are putting in place to keep everyone healthy and safe. With appropriate infection control, in-office social distancing and an innovative approach to aerosol containment, we are doing all we can deliver quality personalized care in a safe, effective and friendly manner. Here is a list of what we are doing to help protect you:
- When making your appointment, you will receive a questionnaire asking about symptoms, recent travel patterns and other info related to COVID-19. Any patients who report flu-like symptoms or other concerns will be encouraged to reschedule at a convenient time 14 days later.
- You will be required to wear face coverings or masks when entering Juniper Dentistry. You will only be asked to remove it once you enter the treatment room. (Otherwise … it would be tricky for us to examine your teeth.)
- Right when you enter the doors of our office, we will make sure to give you hand sanitizer to use before checking in and sitting down.
- Before your visit with Dr. Jessica Rhodes , we will take your temperature with a contactless thermometer and ask you a few screening questions. If your temperature is above 100.4 degrees, you may be asked to consult an in-house doctor and we will reschedule your appointment for a convenient time 14 days later.
- We strongly encourage you to not bring anyone to accompany you to the office unless necessary. We will arrange our waiting room seating to allow all patients to remain six feet apart, disinfecting seats at routine intervals during the day.
- After we bring you back for treatment, we will ask you to gargle with Peroxyl mouthwash before we get started.
If you come in with your own gloves, we ask that you remove them when coming in to minimize outside germs.
DURING COVID-19 PUBLIC HEALTH CRISIS
Your Role To Help Prevent Exposure
To get the dental services you need in person, you agree to take certain precautions which will help keep everyone safer from exposure, sickness and possible death.
- You will only keep your in-person appointment if you are symptom free.
- You will take your temperature before coming to each appointment. If it is elevated (100 degrees Fahrenheit or more), or if you have other symptoms of the coronavirus, you agree to cancel the appointment or proceed using telehealth. If you wish to cancel for this reason, we will not charge you our normal cancellation fee.
- Please wait in your car or outside until no earlier than five minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Please wash your hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer when you enter the building.
- Please follow the safe distancing precautions we have set up in the waiting room and testing/therapy room. For example, you will not move chairs or sit where we have signs asking you not to sit.
- Please wear a mask in all areas of the office (we will too).
- Please keep six feet social distancing and no physical contact (e.g., no shaking hands or hugging) with anyone on-site.
- Please try not to touch your face or eyes with your hands. If you do, please immediately wash or sanitize your hands.
- If you are bringing your child, you will make sure that your child follows these sanitation and distancing protocols.
- If you have a job that exposes you to other people who are infected, please immediately let our team know.
- If your commute or other responsibilities or activities put you in close contact with others (beyond your family), please let our team know as soon as you can.
In addition to what we are encouraging you to do on your part, here is what our dentist and team in Chicago, Illinois, will be doing behind the scenes to make sure Juniper Dentistry is safe and sparkling clean:
- All clinical team members will be wearing proper PPE, including face masks, face shields and clinical gowns.
- All nonclinical areas (such as waiting rooms and restrooms) will be disinfected round the clock. They will also undergo a crazy thorough after-hours cleaning.
- All clinical areas will also be disinfected and cleaned routinely.
- All surfaces will be regularly disinfected, including counter tops, door handles, computers, faucets, light switches, phones … you get the idea.
- All surfaces in the operatories will be disinfected in-between patients, according to OSHA and CDC standards. We will schedule appointments to allow for thorough infection control.
- We will be utilizing cutting-edge dental appliances to improve clinical efficiency and better contain procedural aerosol.
- We will use disposable instruments whenever possible. All other instruments will be sterilized according to OSHA and CDC standards.
- Even the air is different here – literally. We have invested in air filtration technology as a rapid response to the SARS epidemic for hospitals, using six-stage technology, including high intensity ultraviolet radiation to help stop bacteria and viruses. This helps make Juniper Dentistry’s air cleaner and better than anywhere else. (Because you are worth it!)
Please give us a call at 312-766-9395 with any questions and to schedule an appointment.